- 1 (10- to 11-pound) turkey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- Barbecue Sauce
- Red and green pepper rings (optional)
- Fresh parsley sprigs (optional)
- Remove giblets and neck from turkey; reserve for other uses. Rinse turkey thoroughly with cold water; pat dry. Rub turkey with olive oil. Combine salt and pepper; sprinkle over surface and in cavity of turkey.
- Close cavity of turkey with skewers. Tie ends of legs to tail with string or tuck them under band of skin at tail. Lift wingtips up and over back, tucking under bird securely.
- Place turkey, breast side up, in a deep roasting pan. Bake at 350° for 2 hours, basting frequently with pan drippings.
- Cut the cord or band of skin holding the drumstick ends to the tail. Pour Barbecue Sauce over the turkey. Cover, and bake an additional hour, basting frequently with Barbecue Sauce. Turkey is done when drumsticks are easy to move.
- Transfer turkey to serving platter. Let stand 15 minutes before carving. Garnish with pepper rings and parsley, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This