- 1 (3-pound) beef brisket
- 2 tablespoons liquid smoke
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons celery seed
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- Barbecue Sauce
- Place brisket, fat side up, in a shallow 2 1/2-quart casserole. Combine remaining ingredients except Barbecue Sauce, mixing well. Pour mixture over brisket; cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Place casserole in oven. Cover and bake at 250° for 5 hours.
- Remove brisket from casserole; discard marinade. Cut brisket diagonally across the grain into thin slices.
- Return sliced brisket to casserole; pour Barbecue Sauce over top. Bake, uncovered, at 300° for 30 minutes. Remove brisket to serving platter, and serve with Barbecue Sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes