- 1 (3-pound) beef brisket
- 2 tablespoons liquid smoke
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons celery seed
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- Barbecue Sauce
- Place brisket, fat side up, in a shallow 2 1/2-quart casserole. Combine remaining ingredients except Barbecue Sauce, mixing well. Pour mixture over brisket; cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Place casserole in oven. Cover and bake at 250° for 5 hours.
- Remove brisket from casserole; discard marinade. Cut brisket diagonally across the grain into thin slices.
- Return sliced brisket to casserole; pour Barbecue Sauce over top. Bake, uncovered, at 300° for 30 minutes. Remove brisket to serving platter, and serve with Barbecue Sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This