Delicious - especially the crust formed on the meat! I only had to cook my roast 3 1/2 hours for the thickest portion to reach 205F. The meat was a bit dry after it was all shredded. So when we ate it the second day, I made "Brown Sugar Barbecue Sauce" from Cooking Light and served it up as sandwiches with Bread and Butter pickles. My family couldn't get enough of it.
Oven-Baked Pork Butt
More From Southern Living
Total: 4 Hours, 35 Minutes
- 1 (4- to 5-lb.) bone-in Boston butt pork roast
- 1/4 cup Smoky-Sweet BBQ Rub
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Trim 1 (4- to 5-lb.) bone-in Boston butt pork roast. Rinse and pat dry.
- Sprinkle with 1/4 cup Smoky-Sweet BBQ Rub. Let stand at room temperature 30 minutes.
- Place pork in an aluminum foil-lined 13- x 9-inch pan. Bake 4 to 4 1/2 hours or until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion registers 195°.
- Let stand 15 minutes.
- Shred pork with 2 forks.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes