Oven-baked mushroom and bacon risotto
Community Recipe from
- 2 slices bacon
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 pound(s) portobello mushrooms, gills removed, caps and stems chopped
- 1 cup(s) Arobrio rice, uncooked
- 2 can(s) 14.5 oz each, fat-free reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground black pepper
- 2/3 cup(s) shredded parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Place 2-quart casserole in oven to warm. Meanwhile, cook bacon in large skillet on medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon from skillet, reserving 1 T drippings in skillet. Drain bacon on paper towels.
- Add onions to drippings in skillet; cook and stir 3 min. Add mushrooms; cook 10 minutes or until mushrooms release most of their liquid, stirring occasionally. Add rice; cook and stir 1 min. Stir in broth, thyme and pepper; bring just to simmer. Remove from heat. Crumble bacon, stir into rice mixture. Spoo into warmed casserole, cover.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until rice is tender and most of the liquid is absorbed. Add cheese, stir until melted.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Louise518 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Oven-baked mushroom and bacon risotto Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables