Oven-Baked Herbed New Potatoes
These crispy oven-baked potatoes are incredibly simple to make. The recipe calls for Italian seasoning, or use your own favorite fresh or dried herbs. We added paprika to deepen the flavor. Whether you are serving fish or meat, these crispy potatoes will make a perfect side dish. This same technique will work on larger red potatoes or white waxy potatoes like Yukon Golds. Just cut them so they are the same size as a halved new potato. Cooking time will remain the same.
- Vegetable oil or spray
- 16 small red or white new potatoes, about 1 1/2 pounds, washed
- 2 tablespoon(s) Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon(s) each salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoon(s) paprika
- 4 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- Step 1: Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Place a baking rack in the upper third of oven. Line a baking sheet with foil and lightly grease or spray with vegetable oil.
- Step 2: Cut the cleaned potatoes in half and put them into a large mixing bowl. Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl and toss well with a large mixing spoon. (You can instead add the mixture to a zip-top storage bag, seal it well and toss.)
- Step 3: Place the potato halves, flat side down, on the lined greased baking sheet. After 30 minutes, turn over the halves (flat side up) using tongs or a flat spatula. Bake another 10 minutes, or until the skins are crispy and the flat side is golden brown (check every 5 minutes). When ready, the outside won't resist when poked with the tip of a knife and the inside will be soft.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note