- 4 large McIntosh or Golden Delicious apples, cored
- 3 tablespoons firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 teaspoons butter or margarine
- Garnish: fresh oregano sprigs
How to Make It
Peel top third of apples. Arrange apples, peeled sides up, in an 8-inch square baking dish.
Combine sugar and next 3 ingredients in a small bowl. Spoon sugar mixture evenly into apple shells and on top of apples. Top each apple with 1 teaspoon spread. Pour 2/3 cup water into baking dish.
Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until tender, basting occasionally with pan juices. Garnish, if desired.