Oven Baked Cabbage Rolls
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 12 cabbage leaves
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3/4 cup cooked rice
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cans (8 ounces ) tomato sauce
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch mixed with 1/4 cup cold water
- Drop cabbage leaves into boiling salted water; cover and cook for 3 minutes. Drain well. Combine ground beef, rice, onion, egg, and salt, pepper, and milk. Mix well and divide into 12 portions.
- Place a portion into the center of each cabbage leaf. Roll leaf around filling; fasten with toothpick. Place in a baking dish.
- For sauce, combine tomato sauce, tomatoes, sugar, vinegar, and 1/2 cup of water and pour over cabbage rolls. Bake covered in a preheated 350 degree oven 40 to 45 minutes. Remove rolls and discard toothpicks. Place pan with juices over medium heat and stir cornstarch and water mixture into the sauce; bring to a boil and cook and whisk until thickened. Pour thickened sauce over cabbage rolls or serve on the side
This recipe is a personal recipe added by affj1159 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Oven Baked Cabbage Rolls Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Casseroles