Oven-baked Brown Rice
Can also use 1 cup dry rice and 2 1/4 cups water to make 3 1 cup servings, if desired
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 1/2 cup(s) Brown rice uncooked
- 2 1/3 cup(s) Water
- 2 teaspoon(s) Olive oil
- 1 teaspoon(s) Salt
- 1. Preheat the oven to 375 F and move a rack to the middle position.
- 2. Spread the rice into an 8-inch square, glass baking dish.
- 3. In a covered saucepan on the stove, bring the water and oil to a boil over high heat. Once it begins to boil, stir in the salt and pour over the rice.
- 4. Cover the baking dish tightly with a double layer of foil. Bake for one hour, until tender. Remove from the oven and uncover. Fluff the rice with a fork, cover with a clean kitchen towel; let rice stand 5 minutes. Uncover for another 5 minutes, then serve immediately.
- *Optional: Saute 1 cup chopped onion and add 2 tsp curry powder & add to rice.
- 240-280 calories/cup
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Ejreese and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note