I don't like to grill so this was a good substitute. It did take an hour and a half to bake so I made it the night before a family dinner. It reheated well. I added several chicken breasts and they cooked just fine. I paired it with a potato salad and Cooking Light's Corn Custard recipe. It was a big hit!
Oven-Baked Barbecue Chicken
- 3 cups spicy tomato juice
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper (optional)
- 4 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 10 chicken thighs, skin removed
- 10 chicken legs, skin removed
- Stir together first 10 ingredients in a saucepan over medium-high heat; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes.
- Place flour in a shallow dish; dredge chicken pieces on both sides. Arrange thighs, bone-side up, and legs in a roasting pan. Pour tomato juice mixture evenly over chicken.
- Bake at 350° for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, basting occasionally.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note