Outrageous Peanut Butter Cookies
More From Southern Living
Bake: 20 Minutes
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons well-beaten egg*
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup extra-chunky peanut butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons uncooked regular oats
- 1/2 (1.8-oz.) chocolate-coated caramel-peanut butter-peanut candy bar, chopped
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1. Combine flour and baking soda.
- 2. Beat brown sugar and next 3 ingredients at low speed with an electric mixer 1 minute or until blended. Add peanut butter, and beat 20 seconds or until blended. Add flour mixture, and beat 30 seconds or until well blended. Stir in oats and chopped candy bar.
- 3. Drop dough by heaping tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart on an aluminum foil- or parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Dip bottom of a drinking glass in granulated sugar, and flatten mound of dough. Repeat process with remaining sugar and mounds of dough.
- 4. Bake at 325° for 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on baking sheet 2 minutes; remove cookies to wire rack to cool completely.
- *2 tsp. egg substitute may be substituted for beaten egg.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Reese's NutRageous candy bar.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts