Our Tom Yum Soup
- 2 stalk(s) lemon grass peeled and cut into 2in. pieces
- 2.5 ounce(s) galangal root peeled and sliced
- 32 ounce(s) chicken broth
- 14 frozen shrimp and shells shelled
- 6 kaffir leaves crumpled
- 4 tablespoon(s) fish sauce
- 2 tablespoon(s) Chili paste
- green onions chopped
- 1 green chili pepper chopped
- 2 limes
- cilantro chopped
- peanuts roasted, chopped
- Heat chicken soup then add kaffir leaves, lemon grass, and galangal and bring to a boil, turn down and cook for 10m. Remove leaves,grass, and root. Peel shrimp and throw shells into the broth, simmer for 20-30 minutes. Remove shells and add fish sauce, mushrooms, paste, and two chili peppers. Cook for 10m and add chopped cilantro, green onions and lime juice. Serve with lime wedges and roasted, crushed peanuts.
- Really flavorful but not delicate. Try without shrimp shells in broth prep.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Lamiak and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note