Our Signature Bloody Mary
Our test kitchen perfected this classic.
Yield: Makes about 3 quarts
- 1 (4-ounce) package sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 (46-ounce) bottle vegetable juice*, divided
- 32 ounces Clamato
- 1/2 cup horseradish
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 2 teaspoons beef base**
- 1 1/2 cups vodka, chilled
- Process sun-dried tomatoes and 1/3 cup vegetable juice in a processor until tomatoes are finely chopped and mixture is almost smooth. Transfer to a pitcher, and stir in remaining vegetable juice, Clamato, horseradish, fresh lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, celery salt, and beef base.** Chill thoroughly. Stir in chilled vodka.
- *If salt is a concern, use low-sodium vegetable juice and add beef base to taste.
- **Beef base is paste-type bouillon concentrate that adds a rich flavor to these drinks. We like Better Than Bouillon brand. Look for organic versions, too.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Beverages