Really good and easy, best veg burger I have made. I substituted Old Bay for the Chili powder and used sprouted whole wheat rolls, added goat cheese and arugula. Delicious!
Our Homemade Quick Black Bean Burger
Serve this meatless black bean burger on a bun with hot sauce-spiked ketchup, spinach leaves, tomato, a slice of Monterey Jack cheese, avocado slices, and onion.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 182
- Fat: 12.3g
- Saturated fat: 1.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3.6g
- Protein: 6.6g
- Carbohydrate: 15.6g
- Fiber: 4.6g
- Cholesterol: 53mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 448mg
- Calcium: 103mg
- 1 (2-ounce) hamburger bun, torn into pieces
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1 (15.25-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon grated lime rind
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- 1. Place bun in a food processor; process 4 times or until crumbs measure about 1 cup. Transfer to a bowl.
- 2. Combine 1 tablespoon oil, garlic, and beans in processor; pulse 8 times or until beans make a thick paste. Scrape bean mixture into bowl with breadcrumbs. Stir in rind and remaining ingredients. With moistened hands, divide bean mixture into 4 equal portions (about 1/3 cup mixture per portion), shaping each into a 3-inch patty.
- 3. Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add patties to pan; reduce heat to medium, and cook 4 minutes or until bottom edges are browned. Carefully turn patties over; cook 3 minutes or until bottom edges are done.
Nutrition analysis does not include toppings.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note