This is the best pimento cheese I have had enjoyed. It is an overwhelming favorite for a recent family gathering, chip, celery, bread, or on a burger, this will not be ignored. I have always loved pimento cheese, this is the best ever.
Our Favorite Pimiento Cheese
Photo: Lee Harrelson; Styling: Jan Gautro
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise, such as Hellman's or Duke's
- 1 (4-oz.) jar diced pimiento, drained
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon finely grated onion
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (8-oz.) block extra-sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 (8-oz.) block sharp Cheddar cheese
- Celery sticks and assorted crackers
- Make the mayo mixture. In a large bowl, stir together mayonnaise, diced pimiento, Worcestershire sauce, grated onion, and ground red pepper until blended.
- Toast the pecans. Toasting brings out the rich flavor of the nuts. Preheat your oven to 350°. Bake pecans in a single layer in a shallow pan 8 to 10 minutes or until toasted and fragrant, stirring halfway through. (Stirring helps to ensure even browning.)
- Shred the cheese. Trust us--texture matters. Using the small side of a box grater, finely shred extra-sharp Cheddar cheese. Then use the large side of the grater to coarsely shred sharp Cheddar cheese. Fresh cheese makes a difference.
- Stir and enjoy. Add pecans and shredded cheeses to mayo mixture, stirring until blended. You can store it in the refrigerator up to 1 week. Serve with celery sticks and assorted crackers, or make a grilled pimiento cheese sandwich in a skillet or panini press.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sauces/Condiments