Our Family Taco Salad
I found hard tacos frustrating to eat with the meat on the bottom and toppings on the top. Plus as soon as you bite into it, it breaks. Therefore I came up with this idea of what I call taco salad and we eat it with corn chips instead of taco shells. We use low fat ingredients and mild seasonings and sauce.
Yield: 4 servings
Community Recipe from
- 1 pound(s) ground beef
- 1 package(s) taco seasoning
- 3 tablespoon(s) picante sauce
- 8 ounce(s) sour cream
- 1 whole(s) tomatoes diced
- 3 green leaf lettuce leaves shredded
- 4 ounce(s) cheddar cheese shredded
- Corn chips
- Brown ground beef and follow instructions on the taco seasoning packet to prepare taco meat. Add picante sauce to the taco meat mixture. Set meat mixture aside.
- Spread sour cream on the bottom of a rectangle casserole dish. Scoop the meat mixture on top of the sour cream evenly. Sprinkle the lettuce, tomato, and cheese on top. Add olives, taco sauce or any other ingredient you like on your tacos.
- Serve with corn chips.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by mjoy73 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Our Family Taco Salad Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes