I thought this was very good. I left out the red onion because I didn't have any. I used the kohlrabi but next time will try it with the broccoli stems.
The Other Slaw
Jane Roush took a fresh look at an old-fashioned vegetable from her garden, kohlrabi, and came up with this crunchy slaw. You can also use broccoli stems, which taste much like kohlrabi.
Yield: Makes 6 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 73
- Calories from fat: 58%
- Protein: 1.4g
- Fat: 4.7g
- Saturated fat: 0.6g
- Carbohydrate: 7.6g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Sodium: 20mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons salad oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 clove garlic, pressed or minced
- 1 to 2 teaspoons minced fresh jalapeño chili
- 1 1/2 cups shredded peeled kohlrabi or broccoli stems
- 1 1/2 cups shredded peeled carrots
- 1 1/2 cups shredded zucchini
- Salt and pepper
- 1. In a bowl, mix lime juice, oil, onion, cilantro, sugar, garlic, and chili to taste.
- 2. Add kohlrabi, carrots, and zucchini. Mix and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note