I thought this was very good. I left out the red onion because I didn't have any. I used the kohlrabi but next time will try it with the broccoli stems.
The Other Slaw
Jane Roush took a fresh look at an old-fashioned vegetable from her garden, kohlrabi, and came up with this crunchy slaw. You can also use broccoli stems, which taste much like kohlrabi.
Yield: Makes 6 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 73
- Calories from fat: 58%
- Protein: 1.4g
- Fat: 4.7g
- Saturated fat: 0.6g
- Carbohydrate: 7.6g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Sodium: 20mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons salad oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 clove garlic, pressed or minced
- 1 to 2 teaspoons minced fresh jalapeño chili
- 1 1/2 cups shredded peeled kohlrabi or broccoli stems
- 1 1/2 cups shredded peeled carrots
- 1 1/2 cups shredded zucchini
- Salt and pepper
- 1. In a bowl, mix lime juice, oil, onion, cilantro, sugar, garlic, and chili to taste.
- 2. Add kohlrabi, carrots, and zucchini. Mix and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads