Oscar's Flank Steak Marinade; courtesy of Carolina Club chef Oscar A. La Fuente
Community Recipe from
- 1/3 cup(s) olive oil
- 2 clove(s) garlic minced
- 2 tablespoon(s) red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup(s) soy sauce
- 1/4 cup(s) honey
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) black pepper ground
- 2 pound(s) flank steak
- kosher salt
- black pepper
- 1. Mix marinade ingredients. Score meat in cuts 1/4 deep across the grain. Put meat and marinade in large ziplock, coating steak well. Chill for at least 2 hours up to overnight.
- 2. Using an olive oil-soaked paper towel, coat grill. Preheat to high; grill is hot enough when you can hold your hand 1" above it for about a second.
- 3. Remove steak from bag and sprinkle generously on both sides with salt and pepper; this will help form a savory crust. Place steak on the grill; if using gas, cover the grill. Grill 4-6 minutes per side for medium rare. Rotate steak halfway through each cooking time to create cool grill marks.
- 4. Remove steak from grill, place on plate and cover with aluminum foil. Let rest for 10 minutes. Slice thinly across the grain. You can do this on a slight diagonal to increase width if desired.
- Optional: bring excess marinade to boil in non-stick pan, then simmer for several minutes to create sauce to serve with the steak.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by wbduval and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes