Fantastic vegetarian meal. I added some red pepper flakes, because I like a bit of heat, other than that followed recipe exactly. The goat cheese was an especially nice addition. Will make again!
Orzo with Zucchini, Tomatoes, and Goat Cheese
For a make-ahead meal, cook the orzo pasta, then toss with the rest of the ingredients in a 2 1/2-quart casserole dish. Store, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours. Bake at 375º for 30 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 429
- Calories from fat: 20%
- Fat: 9.3g
- Saturated fat: 4.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Protein: 17.4g
- Carbohydrate: 67.5g
- Fiber: 3.9g
- Cholesterol: 15mg
- Iron: 4.2mg
- Sodium: 781mg
- Calcium: 228mg
- 1 (16-ounce) package orzo (rice-shaped pasta)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 2 medium zucchini, quartered lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh or 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes with garlic and oregano
- 1 (7-ounce) jar roasted red bell peppers, drained and diced
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled goat cheese
- Cook the pasta in a Dutch oven according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain, and toss with 2 teaspoons olive oil.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in pan over medium heat. Add zucchini; cook 7 minutes, stirring frequently. Add garlic; cook 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in parsley and next 5 ingredients (parsley through bell peppers). Cook 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Remove from heat; stir in pasta and cheeses.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note