This was delicious. I added a couple chicken sausage links... diced up. I also used fresh spinach and just wilted it a bit. Great for a quick week night dinner.
Orzo with Spinach and Red Peppers
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 265
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 10g
- Carbohydrate: 47g
- Fiber: 4g
- Cholesterol: 3mg
- Sodium: 228mg
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pound (2 1/2 cups) orzo
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 10-oz. package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add orzo and bring back to a boil. Cook, stirring often, until tender, about 7 minutes.
- While orzo cooks, warm 1 Tbsp. oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and bell pepper and cook, stirring often, until tender, about 8 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook 1 minute longer.
- Drain orzo and return to pot. Add remaining 1 Tbsp. oil to orzo and stir to mix. Stir in onion-and-red-pepper mixture and spinach. Season with salt and pepper. Stir over medium-low heat until warmed through, about 2 minutes. Sprinkle with Parmesan and serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables