Very bland! Will not make again!
Orzo with Ricotta and Broccoli Rabe
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 410
- Calories from fat: 17%
- Protein: 19g
- Fat: 7.7g
- Saturated fat: 2.3g
- Carbohydrate: 65g
- Fiber: 2.1g
- Sodium: 172mg
- Cholesterol: 17mg
- 1 pound dried orzo pasta
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon hot chili flakes
- 1 pound broccoli rabe or broccoli, rinsed, ends trimmed, and coarsely chopped
- 1 container (15 oz.) low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped pitted kalamata olives
- Salt and pepper
- 1. In a 5- to 6-quart pan over high heat, bring about 3 quarts water to a boil. Add orzo and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender to bite, 7 to 12 minutes. Drain, reserving 1 1/2 cups pasta-cooking water. Return orzo to pan.
- 2. Meanwhile, heat oil in a 10- to 12-inch frying pan over medium heat. Add garlic; stir until fragrant but not brown, 1 to 2 minutes. Add chili flakes and broccoli rabe; stir 3 to 4 minutes. Add 1 cup of reserved water; simmer until greens are tender to bite, 6 to 8 minutes.
- 3. Add broccoli rabe mixture to orzo with ricotta, olives, and remaining 1/2 cup reserved water; mix, adding salt and pepper to taste.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This