So good. Very fresh and delicious
Orzo with Peppers and Asparagus
Photo: Annabelle Breakey; Styling:Randy Mon
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 276
- Calories from fat: 42%
- Protein: 9.2g
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated fat: 2.6g
- Carbohydrate: 32g
- Fiber: 2.3g
- Sodium: 271mg
- Cholesterol: 3.9mg
- 1 cup orzo pasta
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced orange bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 pound asparagus, ends trimmed and cut in thirds
- 1/4 cup mixed chopped fresh mint, basil, and flat-leaf parsley
- About 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Cook orzo according to package directions. Drain, rinse, and transfer to a large serving bowl.
- 2. Meanwhile, heat 2 tbsp. olive oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Add peppers, garlic, and asparagus and cook, stirring often, until vegetables are softened and starting to brown, about 3 minutes.
- 3. Add warm pepper mixture to cooked orzo, then add herbs, cheese, remaining 2 tbsp. oil, the salt, and pepper, stirring well. Serve with more parmesan on the side.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables