- 1 cup orzo pasta
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced orange bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 pound asparagus, ends trimmed and cut in thirds
- 1/4 cup mixed chopped fresh mint, basil, and flat-leaf parsley
- About 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- calories 276
- caloriesfromfat 42 %
- protein 9.2 g
- fat 13 g
- satfat 2.6 g
- carbohydrate 32 g
- fiber 2.3 g
- sodium 271 mg
- cholesterol 3.9 mg
How to Make It
Cook orzo according to package directions. Drain, rinse, and transfer to a large serving bowl.
Meanwhile, heat 2 tbsp. olive oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Add peppers, garlic, and asparagus and cook, stirring often, until vegetables are softened and starting to brown, about 3 minutes.
Add warm pepper mixture to cooked orzo, then add herbs, cheese, remaining 2 tbsp. oil, the salt, and pepper, stirring well. Serve with more parmesan on the side.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.