Orzo with Chicken, Tomatoes, Basil
This is a great complete meal. It is also simple to reserve some of the tomatoes, the orzo, and the chicken and plate them separately for kids. I sometimes skip the garlic altogether when the meal includes kids. You can also substitute boursin for parmesan, but then you should definitely skip the garlic.
Yield: 4 servings
Community Recipe from
- 1 cup(s) orzo uncooked
- 2 cup(s) cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/3 cup(s) basil chopped
- 1 whole(s) yellow onion chopped
- 1 pound(s) skinless boneless chicken cut into 1" pieces
- 1/4 cup(s) parmesan cheese grated
- 1 whole(s) clove of garlic minced
- 1. Put on water to boil and cook the orzo according to package instructions. Drain and put to side.
- 2. Meanwhile, hat a glug of olive oil in a big saute pan to med-high heat. When hot, throw in chicken pieces and sprinkle with kosher salt, pepper. Cook 3-4 mins, depending on how thick your pieces are. When just cooked through, remove from pan and reserve on a plate.
- 3. Add another glug of oil over medium heat. Add onion and cook until starts to brown around edges. Add garlic and cook for another 1-2 minutes without browning the garlic. Add tomatoes for another 2 minutes, just until soft. Add salt and pepper.
- 4. On low heat, add the now cooked/drained orzo, the cooked chicken, the basil, at least half the parmesan. Taste for salt, pepper.
- Serve with the remaining parmesan.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by CKSchirmeier and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Orzo with Chicken, Tomatoes, Basil Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes
More Recipes for Main Dishes