Is corn cooked?
Orzo Salad with Corn, Green Beans, and Tomatoes
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 296
- Calories from fat: 46%
- Protein: 6.4g
- Fat: 15g
- Saturated fat: 2.1g
- Carbohydrate: 36g
- Fiber: 3.2g
- Sodium: 106mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 1 pound green beans
- 1 1/2 cups dried orzo pasta (8 oz.)
- 3 ears fresh corn (10 to 14 oz. each; see notes)
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup minced shallots
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh tarragon or 2 teaspoons dried tarragon
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes (12 oz.), rinsed, stemmed, and cut in half
- 1. In a 5- to 6-quart pan over high heat, bring about 2 quarts water to a boil. Meanwhile, rinse green beans, trim off ends, and pull off any strings. Cut into 2- to 3-inch lengths. Add beans to boiling water and cook until barely tender to bite, 3 to 5 minutes. Drain and immerse in ice water until cold; drain well.
- 2. Fill same pan with 2 1/2 to 3 quarts water and bring to a boil over high heat. Add orzo and cook until barely tender to bite, 8 to 11 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water; drain well.
- 3. Meanwhile, husk corn, discarding silk; rinse ears. Holding each ear upright in a large, deep bowl, cut off kernels close to the cob.
- 4. To make dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, olive oil, shallots, mustard, tarragon, and salt and pepper to taste.
- 5. In a large, wide bowl, mix orzo with 1/2 cup of the dressing. Add more salt and pepper to taste. Spread level. Layer corn kernels, green beans, and tomatoes over pasta. Pour remaining dressing into a container. Cover and chill both salad and dressing until ready to serve.
- 6. Shortly before serving, pour three-fourths of the remaining dressing over salad and mix gently to blend. Add more dressing and salt and pepper to taste.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads