I didn't have orzo pasta on hand so I used white rice instead and it was excellent. This has made it to my "favorite" list!
Orzo Salad with Chickpeas, Dill, and Lemon
An easy four-ingredient dressing brings bright flavor to a dinner salad packed with fresh veggies, herbs, and feta cheese.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 1/4 cups)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 327
- Calories from fat: 29%
- Fat: 10.4g
- Saturated fat: 2.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.8g
- Protein: 10.8g
- Carbohydrate: 47.6g
- Fiber: 4.9g
- Cholesterol: 13mg
- Iron: 3mg
- Sodium: 641mg
- Calcium: 107mg
- 1 cup uncooked orzo (rice-shaped pasta)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1 (19-ounce) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain and rinse with cold water; drain.
- Combine pasta, onions, cheese, dill, and chickpeas in a large bowl, tossing gently to combine.
- Combine juice and remaining ingredients in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Drizzle over pasta mixture; toss gently to coat.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads