Orzo Salad with Chickpeas, Dill, and Lemon
- 1 cup uncooked orzo (rice-shaped pasta)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1 (19-ounce) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- calories 327
- caloriesfromfat 29 %
- fat 10.4 g
- satfat 2.9 g
- monofat 5.1 g
- polyfat 1.8 g
- protein 10.8 g
- carbohydrate 47.6 g
- fiber 4.9 g
- cholesterol 13 mg
- iron 3 mg
- sodium 641 mg
- calcium 107 mg
How to Make It
Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain and rinse with cold water; drain.
Combine pasta, onions, cheese, dill, and chickpeas in a large bowl, tossing gently to combine.
Combine juice and remaining ingredients in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Drizzle over pasta mixture; toss gently to coat.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.