Community Recipe from
- 1 cup(s) Below
- ORZO SALAD
- This is a favorite salad I make often. It's so versatile you can really make it your own easily! Make sure to taste the dressing as your making it to adjust to your liking! And add as little or as much as you'd like. I also added about 1/2 cup or so of cooked wild rice to the mix this time and it was excellent!
- Cook time: 10 Min Difficulty: EASY
- Prep time: 10 Min Serves: 6
- - 4 c chicken stock
- - 1 1/2 c orzo pasta
- - 1 can(s) (15oz.) garbanzo beans
- - 1 1/2 c grape, cherry, or teardrop tomatoes (halved)
- - 3/4 c finely chopped red onion
- - 1/2 c chopped fresh basil
- - 1/4 c chopped fresh parsley or mint
- - 3/4 c vinaigrette (recipe follows)
- - salt and pepper to taste
- - crumbled feta cheese (optional)
- - toasted pine or walnuts roughly chopped (optional)
- VINAIGRETTE DRESSING:
- - 1/2 c rice wine vinegar
- - 1/4 c fresh lemon juice
- - 2 tsp honey
- - 2 tsp salt
- - 1 c extra virgin olive oil
- 1. In a medium saucepan bring the chicken stock to a boil. Stir in orzo and cook until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring frequently (about 7 min). Drain the orzo and toss in a large bowl until it cools slightly. (I usually add a tiny bit of olive oil so it doesn't clump together) Set aside to cool completely.
- 2. Toss the orzo with the beans, tomatoes, red onion, basil, parsley and enough vinaigrette to coat.
- 3. Season the salad to taste with salt and pepper. Serve at room temp. Add some crumbled feta cheese and toasted nuts (if using) before serving.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ramreads and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Orzo Salad Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Salads
More Recipes for Main Dishes