Birds Eye® Orzo "Risotto" with Peas
More From Birds Eye®
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 1/2 cups dry orzo pasta
- 1/4 cup dry white wine, optional
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup Birds Eye® Baby Sweet Peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1. Heat olive oil in a 2-quart nonstick saucepan over MEDIUM-HIGH heat. Add onion and garlic and cook until soft, about 3 minutes.
- 2. Add orzo and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add wine and cook, stirring, until wine evaporates, about 1 minute.
- 3. Add chicken broth; bring to a boil, reduce heat to MEDIUM and cook, stirring frequently, until the orzo absorbs the broth, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- 4. Add peas, cheese and butter; reduce heat to LOW and cook until cheese melts, about 3 minutes.
- 5. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Serving Suggestion: Delicious served with rotisserie chicken and Birds Eye® Italian Blend.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Birds Eye® Orzo "Risotto" with Peas Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes
More Recipes for Main Dishes