- 3 quarts water
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 1/2 pounds uncooked orzo
- 1/2 teaspoon saffron threads, crushed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 8 ounces kielbasa sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 cups chopped red bell pepper
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 1/2 cups frozen petite sweet green peas
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon hot paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 pounds littleneck clams (about 2 dozen)
- 1 pound fresh mussels, scrubbed and debearded
- 1 pound fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh parsley, divided
- Bring 3 quarts water and salt to a boil in a Dutch oven; add orzo and saffron. Cook 7 minutes or just until tender; drain and keep warm.
- Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to pan. Place pan over medium heat; add sausage. Cook 3 to 4 minutes or until browned, stirring occasionally. Remove sausage from pan, using a slotted spoon; set aside, and keep warm.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in pan over medium heat until hot. Add red bell pepper, onion, and garlic. Sauté 3 minutes. Stir in corn and next 5 ingredients. Add clams; cover and cook 5 minutes.
- Stir in mussels and shrimp. Cover and cook 6 minutes or until clams and mussels open and shrimp turn pink. Discard clams or mussels that do not open. Return sausage to pan. Stir in orzo and 1/2 cup parsley; toss well. Transfer to a large platter; sprinkle with remaining parsley. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note