Was delicious in every way! Will certainly make again for company as well as the two of us.
Orzo with Garlicky Spinach
Photo: Johnny Autry; Styling: Cindy Barr
We added spinach and minced garlic to our base recipe for orzo and the results are fantastic. Make this quick side of Orzo with Garlicky Spinach to complement your favorite entree.
Yield: Serves 6 (serving size: about 1/3 cup)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 148.48
- Fat: 3.81g
- Saturated fat: 2.04g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.90g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.14g
- Protein: 5.84g
- Carbohydrate: 23.26g
- Fiber: 1.80g
- Cholesterol: 9.25mg
- Iron: 1.52mg
- Sodium: 298.99mg
- Calcium: 67.52mg
- 3/4 cup uncooked orzo
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 cups spinach
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 ounce grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 3/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- 2. Melt butter in skillet over medium heat; cook 1 minute or until browned. Add spinach and minced garlic; cook 1 minute. Stir in orzo, Parmesan cheese, chicken broth, vinegar, salt, and crushed red pepper.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note