A nice blend of flavors, but needs some salt and pepper. 2/3 cup serving = 5 WW Pts.
Orzo, Corn, and Roasted Bell Pepper Salad
Grilling the vegetables lends this pasta salad a pleasant, smoky flavor. You can prepare and chill it up to a day ahead. To save time, drain and chop a seven-ounce jar of roasted red bell peppers. Slide a skewer or toothpick through the red onion to hold them together as they cook. If you're sensitive to spicy food, seed the jalapeño.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 180
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 5.9g
- Saturated fat: 0.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 5g
- Carbohydrate: 28.6g
- Fiber: 2.8g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 1.3mg
- Sodium: 302mg
- Calcium: 15mg
- 2 red bell peppers
- 1 cup uncooked orzo (rice-shaped pasta)
- 3 tablespoons extravirgin olive oil, divided
- 3 ears shucked corn
- 1 medium red onion, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 jalapeño pepper, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Preheat broiler.
- Cut bell peppers in half lengthwise; discard seeds and membranes. Place pepper halves, skin sides up, on a foil-lined baking sheet; flatten with hand. Broil 15 minutes or until blackened. Place in a zip-top plastic bag; seal. Let stand 15 minutes. Peel and chop.
- Prepare grill to medium-high heat.
- Cook orzo according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain. Place orzo in a large bowl; drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil. Cool slightly.
- Place corn and red onion on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 5 minutes or until lightly browned, turning occasionally. Cut kernels from ears of corn; chop red onion. Add bell pepper, corn, red onion, 2 tablespoons oil, green onions, and remaining ingredients to orzo. Toss gently to combine.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note