A nice blend of flavors, but needs some salt and pepper. 2/3 cup serving = 5 WW Pts.
Orzo, Corn, and Roasted Bell Pepper Salad
Grilling the vegetables lends this pasta salad a pleasant, smoky flavor. You can prepare and chill it up to a day ahead. To save time, drain and chop a seven-ounce jar of roasted red bell peppers. Slide a skewer or toothpick through the red onion to hold them together as they cook. If you're sensitive to spicy food, seed the jalapeño.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 180
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 5.9g
- Saturated fat: 0.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 5g
- Carbohydrate: 28.6g
- Fiber: 2.8g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 1.3mg
- Sodium: 302mg
- Calcium: 15mg
- 2 red bell peppers
- 1 cup uncooked orzo (rice-shaped pasta)
- 3 tablespoons extravirgin olive oil, divided
- 3 ears shucked corn
- 1 medium red onion, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 jalapeño pepper, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Preheat broiler.
- Cut bell peppers in half lengthwise; discard seeds and membranes. Place pepper halves, skin sides up, on a foil-lined baking sheet; flatten with hand. Broil 15 minutes or until blackened. Place in a zip-top plastic bag; seal. Let stand 15 minutes. Peel and chop.
- Prepare grill to medium-high heat.
- Cook orzo according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain. Place orzo in a large bowl; drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil. Cool slightly.
- Place corn and red onion on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 5 minutes or until lightly browned, turning occasionally. Cut kernels from ears of corn; chop red onion. Add bell pepper, corn, red onion, 2 tablespoons oil, green onions, and remaining ingredients to orzo. Toss gently to combine.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables