Orzo and Spinach Salad with Lemon-Cranberry Vinaigrette
- 8 oz. orzo pasta
- salt to taste -- I used sea salt
- 6 oz. baby spinach -- approximately, can also use regular spinach but remove any tough stems
- 5 oz. feta cheese -- crumbled, approximately
- 3/4 cup or so craisins
- 1 cup chopped sugared pecans (see note at
- bottom) or toasted pecans -- approximately
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest -- approximately
- 3 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice -- approximately
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- salt and freshly ground pepper -- I used sea salt
- Boil orzo and salt for about 7-8 minutes, until just done. Drain in a fine sieve and shake off excess water. Set aside to cool. (While the orzo is cooling I put it in a flat container and pour a little of the vinaigrette on it to keep it from sticking.)
- Meanwhile, mix spinach, feta, and craisins in large bowl. Set aside.
- For vinaigrette, mix lemon zest and lemon juice and gradually whisk in olive oil, a little at a time, until it thickens slightly. Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix orzo with spinach mixture. Pour vinaigrette over everything and mix. Cover and chill several hours or up to overnight.
- Just before serving add pecans and stir. Taste to see if it needs more lemon juice, salt, or anything else.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by JoniMn and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Orzo and Spinach Salad with Lemon-Cranberry Vinaigrette Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Salads