Great flavors come together. Alot of chopping so plan accordingly! I added a dusting of grated parmesan cheese on top of each serving. My grade school children loved it!
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 381
- Calories from fat: 24%
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated fat: 4.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Protein: 17g
- Carbohydrate: 57g
- Fiber: 2.7g
- Cholesterol: 16mg
- Iron: 4.8mg
- Sodium: 624mg
- Calcium: 277mg
- 1/4 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes, packed without oil
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups sliced leek
- 2 cups diced portobello mushroom caps
- 1 cup mushrooms, quartered
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups cooked orzo (about 2 cups uncooked rice-shaped pasta)
- 2 cups thinly sliced fennel bulb (about 1 large)
- 2 cups tomato juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp provolone cheese
- 1/4 cup grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Combine tomatoes and boiling water in a small bowl; cover and let stand 10 minutes or until tomatoes are soft. Drain.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add tomatoes, leek, mushrooms, and garlic; saute 2 minutes. Combine mushroom mixture, orzo, and next 6 ingredients (orzo through pepper) in a large bowl; stir well.
- Spoon mixture into a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 25 minutes. Sprinkle with cheeses; bake an additional 5 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Casseroles