Yield: Makes 6 to 8 servings
More From Southern Living
Stand: 10 Minutes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3/4 cup pecan halves
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 1/2 small onion, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (10-ounce) package yellow rice
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cooked ham
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add 3/4 cup pecan halves, 1/2 cup slivered almonds, and 1/3 cup pine nuts, and cook, stirring often, 3 minutes or until almonds are light golden brown. Set aside.
- Sauté minced onion and garlic in hot vegetable oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until onion is tender. Add yellow rice, and sauté, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Add chicken broth, cover, and cook 18 minutes. Remove saucepan from heat.
- Stir in nuts, crumbled bacon, chopped ham, and fresh parsley. Cover and let stand 10 minutes. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables