- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3/4 cup pecan halves
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 1/2 small onion, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (10-ounce) package yellow rice
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cooked ham
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
How to Make It
Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add 3/4 cup pecan halves, 1/2 cup slivered almonds, and 1/3 cup pine nuts, and cook, stirring often, 3 minutes or until almonds are light golden brown. Set aside.
Sauté minced onion and garlic in hot vegetable oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until onion is tender. Add yellow rice, and sauté, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Add chicken broth, cover, and cook 18 minutes. Remove saucepan from heat.
Stir in nuts, crumbled bacon, chopped ham, and fresh parsley. Cover and let stand 10 minutes. Serve immediately.