- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3/4 cup pecan halves
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 1/2 small onion, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (10-ounce) package yellow rice
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup finely chopped ham
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
How to Make It
Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add pecan halves, almonds, and pine nuts, and saute, stirring often, 3 minutes or until almonds are light golden brown.
Sauté onion and garlic in hot oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until tender. Add rice, and sauté, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Add broth, and cook rice 18 minutes. Remove from heat.
Stir in nuts, bacon, ham, and parsley. Cover and let stand 10 minutes.
Note: We like to use three different nuts for this recipe; however, feel free to use all the same variety.