- 1 1/2 cups shortening
- 3 (16-ounce) packages powdered sugar, sifted and divided
- 1 egg white
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup whipping cream, lukewarm
- Cream shortening in large mixing bowl using medium speed of an electric mixer; gradually add half of sugar. Cream until light and fluffy.
- Add egg white (at room temperature), salt, and vanilla; mix well. Add remaining sugar and 1/2 cup whipping cream alternately, beginning and ending with sugar; add more whipping cream if necessary. Mix well after each addition. Continue beating until the mixture is fluffy and creamy.
- Note: Frosting will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for several days.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note