Original Chocolate Chip Cookies
Community Recipe from
- 1 cup(s) butter softened
- 1 cup(s) sugar
- 1 cup(s) brown sugar firmly packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanila
- 2 cup(s) flour
- 2 1/2 cup(s) oatmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 12 ounce package(s) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 4 ounce(s) milk chocolate candy bar grated
- 1 1/2 cup(s) nuts optional
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Powder oatmeal in blender, one cup at a time. Set aside.
- Cream butter, sugar and brown sugar. Add eggs and vanilla. Beat until smooth.
- Combine flour, powdered oatmeal, salt, baking powder, baking soda in bowl.
- Add flour mixture to creamed butter mixture until well blended.
- Stir in semi-sweet chocolate chips and grated milk chocolate. Stir in nuts if desired.
- Drop by rounded walnut sized balls on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 8 minutes. Do not over bake. Let sit on baking sheet several minutes before removing to wire rack to cool.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by march1954 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Original Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Cookies
More Recipes for Main Dishes