- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- Cooking spray
- 2 (3 1/2-ounce) packages shiitake mushrooms, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons chopped peeled fresh ginger
- 3 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 cups coarsely chopped baby bok choy
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 pound peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (about 3 limes)
- calories 102
- caloriesfromfat 20 %
- fat 2 g
- satfat 0.4 g
- monofat 0.1 g
- polyfat 0.3 g
- protein 15.1 g
- carbohydrate 4.9 g
- fiber 0.9 g
- cholesterol 112 mg
- iron 2.7 mg
- sodium 534 mg
- calcium 63 mg
How to Make It
Heat oil in a large Dutch oven coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat; sauté mushrooms and ginger 5 minutes or until liquid evaporates and mushrooms darken.
Add broth, 3 cups water, and soy sauce; bring mixture to a boil. Stir in bok choy and next 3 ingredients; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 3 minutes or until shrimp are done. Stir in lime juice just before serving.
You can use most any greens in place of the baby bok choy, including spinach or napa (Chinese) cabbage.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.