- 1 pound boneless center-cut pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon peeled, grated gingerroot
- 1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 4 cups thinly sliced romaine lettuce
- 3 cups thinly sliced Napa cabbage
- 1 cup julienne-sliced jicama
- 24 miniature teriyaki-flavored rice cakes
- calories 335
- caloriesfromfat 35 %
- fat 13 g
- satfat 4 g
- monofat 5.4 g
- polyfat 2.2 g
- protein 27.5 g
- carbohydrate 25.7 g
- fiber 0.0 g
- cholesterol 74 mg
- iron 0.0 mg
- sodium 510 mg
- calcium 0.0 mg
How to Make It
Trim fat from pork; cut pork into 1/2-inch strips, and place in a shallow dish. Combine lemon juice and next 4 ingredients, stirring well. Drizzle 3 tablespoons lemon juice mixture over pork. Cover and marinate in refrigerator 2 hours. Set remaining lemon juice mixture aside.
Add tahini and sugar to remaining lemon juice mixture; stir well, and set aside. Combine romaine lettuce, cabbage, and jicama in a bowl; toss, and set aside.
Remove pork from marinade, discarding marinade. Place pork in a large nonstick skillet, and cook over medium heat 5 to 7 minutes or until done.
To serve, place 2 cups lettuce mixture on each of 4 plates. Top evenly with pork strips. Drizzle lemon juice mixture evenly over salads. Serve with rice cakes.