I was looking for a replacement for the Chocolate Cherry Chews that I made last Christmas. They were a little dry, and while adding more butter helped, they still lacked something. This is a worthy replacement! They are soft inside, very slightly crispy outside and delicious! The chocolate drizzle is absolutely unnecessary -- they're wonderful without it. Omitting that is the only thing I changed about the recipe. I'd give them as a gift without hesitation.
Oregon Chocolate-Cherry Cookies
You'll savor each melt-in-your-mouth morsel as you bite into these sweet chocolate-cherry cookies.
More From Coastal Living
Bake: 10 Minutes
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1 cup dried sweetened cherries
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate morsels, melted (optional)
- 1. Beat butter and sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer 2 minutes or until light and fluffy. Add egg, beating until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides as needed.
- 2. Stir together flour and next 3 ingredients. Gradually add to butter mixture, beating at low speed until blended. Stir in 1 cup semisweet chocolate morsels and dried sweetened cherries. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart on lightly greased or parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake, in batches, at 350° for 10 to 12 minutes. Let cool completely on wire racks. Drizzle cookies with 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate morsels, melted, if desired.
Note: Bake time is per batch.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This