I cooked it for 30 minutes. Really moist with lots of flavor!
Oregano and Lime Roasted Chicken Breasts
Photo: Randy Mayor; Styling: Leigh Ann Ross
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 breast half and about 2 1/2 tablespoons sauce)
More From Cooking Light
4 Hours, 45 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 446
- Fat: 18.8g
- Saturated fat: 4.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 8.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3.8g
- Protein: 60.2g
- Carbohydrate: 2.9g
- Fiber: 0.7g
- Cholesterol: 167mg
- Iron: 2.6mg
- Sodium: 534mg
- Calcium: 46mg
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 2 teaspoons grated lime rind
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 bone-in, skin-on chicken breast halves (about 3 pounds)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon tequila
- 1/2 teaspoon lime juice
- 1. To prepare chicken, combine first 5 ingredients in a small bowl. Loosen skin from breast halves by inserting fingers, gently pushing between skin and meat. Rub the oregano mixture evenly under loosened skin of each breast half. Arrange chicken breasts in a shallow dish; cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours.
- 2. Preheat oven to 375°.
- 3. Heat oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle chicken with salt. Add chicken to pan, skin side down; cook 5 minutes or until browned. Turn chicken over, and transfer to oven. Bake at 375° for 25 minutes or until chicken is done. Remove chicken from pan, reserving 1 1/2 tablespoons drippings; set chicken aside, and keep warm.
- 4. To prepare sauce, heat reserved drippings in pan over medium-high heat. Add flour and 1/4 teaspoon cumin to pan, and cook for 30 seconds, stirring constantly with a whisk. Add chicken broth, 1 tablespoon tequila, and lime juice, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Bring to a boil, and cook until reduced to about 2/3 cup (about 2 minutes), stirring occasionally. Serve with chicken.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes