Orechiette with Ricotta and Basil
Notes: This pasta dish comes from Wildwood Restaurant & Bar in Portland. As a variation, use fromage blanc instead of chèvre (goat) cheese. For a creamier dish, stir in more hot broth.
Yield: Makes 4 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 492
- Calories from fat: 22%
- Protein: 23g
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated fat: 5.8g
- Carbohydrate: 72g
- Fiber: 5.2g
- Sodium: 141mg
- Cholesterol: 33mg
- 12 ounces dried orechiette pasta
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup (8 oz.) whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 1 cup fat-skimmed chicken broth
- 1 cup frozen petite peas
- 1/2 cup minced fresh basil leaves
- Salt and pepper
- Lemon wedges
- 1. Cook pasta in 3 quarts boiling water until just tender to bite, about 8 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a 10- to 12-inch frying pan over medium heat, stir garlic in oil until limp, about 2 minutes. Add cheese, broth, and peas and stir until simmering, 4 to 5 minutes.
- 3. Drain pasta; return to pan. Add cheese mixture to pasta and mix well. Add basil and mix again. Add to taste salt, pepper, and juice from lemon wedges.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes