- 12 ounces dried orechiette pasta
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup (8 oz.) whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 1 cup fat-skimmed chicken broth
- 1 cup frozen petite peas
- 1/2 cup minced fresh basil leaves
- Salt and pepper
- Lemon wedges
- calories 492
- caloriesfromfat 22 %
- protein 23 g
- fat 12 g
- satfat 5.8 g
- carbohydrate 72 g
- fiber 5.2 g
- sodium 141 mg
- cholesterol 33 mg
How to Make It
Cook pasta in 3 quarts boiling water until just tender to bite, about 8 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a 10- to 12-inch frying pan over medium heat, stir garlic in oil until limp, about 2 minutes. Add cheese, broth, and peas and stir until simmering, 4 to 5 minutes.
Drain pasta; return to pan. Add cheese mixture to pasta and mix well. Add basil and mix again. Add to taste salt, pepper, and juice from lemon wedges.