Orecchiette with Spicy Sausage and Broccoli Rabe
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) Black Pepper
- 2 bunch(es) Broccoli Rabe
- 1 pinch(s) Crushed Red Pepper
- 3 clove(s) Garlic
- 3 tablespoon(s) Olive oil
- 12 ounce(s) Orecchiette Pasta or Penne
- 1/4 cup(s) Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 1 pound(s) Spicy Turkey Sausage, casings removed
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the broccoli rabe and cook until crisptender, about one minute. Strain the broccoli rabe, reserving all the cooking liquidd. Set the rabe aside. Cook the pasta in the same pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes. Drain, reserving 1 cup of the cooking liquid.
- Meanwhile, in a large, heaving skillet, hea tthe oil over a medium flame. Add the sausage (casings removed) and cook, breaking up with a spoon, until the sausage is brown and juices form, about 8 minutes. Add the garlic and red pepper flakes, and saute until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the broccoli rabe and toss to coat. Add the pasta and enough reserved cooking liquid 1/4 cup at a time, to moisten. Stir the parmesan cheese, salt to taste, and pepper into the mixture. Transfer to pasta bowls and serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Merrilee and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note