This has been such a hit over the years with my family that both my (hard-to-please) sons dub it their favorite pasta dish. I'm even considering making it in bulk for my son's graduation party. You may want to reduce the red peppers a bit, but other than that, I follow the recipe. It's delicious!
Orecchiette with Sausage, Peppers, and Feta
Toss cooked orecchiette pasta with sausage and classic Mediterranean ingredients like bell peppers, feta cheese, olives, and oregano for a satisfying pasta dinner.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 1/2 cups)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 393
- Calories from fat: 29%
- Fat: 12.8g
- Saturated fat: 5.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2g
- Protein: 21.6g
- Carbohydrate: 48.6g
- Fiber: 3.6g
- Cholesterol: 67mg
- Iron: 3.4mg
- Sodium: 947mg
- Calcium: 137mg
- 8 ounces uncooked orecchiette (
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 cups (1/4-inch-thick) slices red bell pepper, each cut in half crosswise
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 8 ounces turkey Italian sausage
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced pitted kalamata olives
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cook the orecchiette according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain the pasta in a colander over a bowl, reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the bell pepper and 1/4 teaspoon salt; sauté 2 minutes. Remove casings from the sausage. Add sausage, oregano, and garlic to pan; cook 4 minutes or until sausage is done, stirring to crumble sausage. Add pasta, reserved cooking liquid, 1/4 teaspoon salt, cheese, olives, and black pepper; cook for 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring frequently.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This