Orecchiette with Sausage and Broccolini Rabe
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1-1/2 pound(s) Sweet Sausage casings removed
- 12 ounce(s) Orecchiette pasta cooked al dente
- 1 ounce(s) Olive oil to coat pan
- 1 Small Onion or Shallots chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) Italian Parsley chopped
- 3 clove(s) Garlic slivered
- 1 teaspoon(s) Kosher Salt to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) Black Pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Red Pepper Flakes to taste
- 1/2 cup(s) White Wine add more if you want
- 1/2 cup(s) Chicken Stock add more if you want
- 1 bunch(es) Broccolini Rabe trimed stalks, cut bunch into thirds
- 2 tablespoon(s) Salted Butter
- 1 tablespoon(s) Fresh Lemon Juice optional
- 1/4 cup(s) Fresh Parmesan Cheese select the best, grated
- Start with boiling water, add a pinch of sea salt after it boils and add your orecciette pasta. Cook to al dente. Do not over cook. This will effect the dish.
- In your largest pan coat with olive oil over medium heat. Add raw sausage, casings removed, making small pieces. Add parsley, salt and pepper to taste, and red pepper flakes to taste ( I like it spicy, you can always adjust it to make it hotter when your finished). Cook unitil the sausage is mostly cooked through and beginning to brown, add shallots and slivered garlic ( I prefer slices to bit into it, but you could use pre-chopped from the jar). Cook until they begin to carmelize. Remove from heat for one minute to add white wine and deglaze pan. Add chicken broth and butter. Return to heat and reduce sauce.
- With a large slotted spoon transfer cooked pasta into sausage mixture and reserve the pasta water. To this water cook your loosely chopped broccolini and bring it back to a boil. Cook for one minute until tender but still has a firm bit. With a large slotted spoon transfer cooked broccolini to sausage mixture. Reserve water.
- At this point your pan might be overflowing and you may want to put the entire assamble into a large mixing bowl or serving bowl. Toss to coat everything with sauce. If you find that you reduced the sauce too much just add more reserved pasta/broccolini water to the mixture.
- Taste to adjust for spicyness and salt and pepper.
- Squart fresh lemon on top
- Top with grated cheese and serve
This recipe is a personal recipe added by nancystable and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note