Orecchiette with Roasted Broccoli and Walnuts
Prep: 7 minutes; Cook: 18 minutes.
Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 1 1/4 cups)
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 428
- Fat: 19g
- Saturated fat: 5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 5g
- Protein: 16g
- Carbohydrate: 53g
- Fiber: 7g
- Cholesterol: 16mg
- Iron: 4mg
- Sodium: 267mg
- Calcium: 161mg
- 8 ounces orecchiette or other short pasta
- 1 bunch broccoli (1 1/2 pounds), cut into small florets
- 1/4 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese (1 ounce)
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°.
- 2. Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Reserve 3/4 cup of the cooking water, drain the pasta, and return to the pot.
- 3. Toss together broccoli and next 5 ingredients (through pepper) on a rimmed baking sheet. Roast, tossing once, 18–20 minutes or until the broccoli is tender.
- 4. Toss the pasta with the broccoli mixture, butter, and 1/2 cup reserved pasta water. (Add more water if the pasta seems dry.) Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This