this was very good. my teenager liked it too, and that makes it outstanding !!! was something that i could make ahead of time.
Orecchiette with Roasted Broccoli and Walnuts
Photo: Kan Kanbayashi
Yield: Makes 4 servings
More From Real Simple
Other: 15 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 643
- Protein: 20g
- Carbohydrate: 73g
- Sugars: 6g
- Fiber: 6g
- Fat: 32g
- Saturated fat: 8g
- Sodium: 405mg
- Cholesterol: 20mg
- 12 ounces orecchiette or some other short pasta (3 cups)
- 1 bunch broccoli (1 1/2 pounds), cut into small florets
- 1/2 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan (1 ounce)
- Heat oven to 400° F. Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Reserve 3/4 cup of the cooking water, drain the pasta, and return it to the pot.
Meanwhile, on a rimmed baking sheet, toss the broccoli, walnuts, oil, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Roast, tossing once, until the broccoli is tender, 18 to 20 minutes.
Toss the pasta with the broccoli mixture, butter, and 1/2 cup of the reserved pasta water. (Add more water if the pasta seems dry.) Sprinkle with the Parmesan before serving.
Tip: The combination of roasted broccoli, walnuts, and garlic also makes a delicious side dish for chicken, beef, or pork.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This