- 12 ounces orecchiette or some other short pasta (3 cups)
- 1 bunch broccoli (1 1/2 pounds), cut into small florets
- 1/2 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan (1 ounce)
- calories 643
- protein 20 g
- carbohydrate 73 g
- sugars 6 g
- fiber 6 g
- fat 32 g
- satfat 8 g
- sodium 405 mg
- cholesterol 20 mg
How to Make It
Heat oven to 400° F. Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Reserve 3/4 cup of the cooking water, drain the pasta, and return it to the pot.
Meanwhile, on a rimmed baking sheet, toss the broccoli, walnuts, oil, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Roast, tossing once, until the broccoli is tender, 18 to 20 minutes.
Toss the pasta with the broccoli mixture, butter, and 1/2 cup of the reserved pasta water. (Add more water if the pasta seems dry.) Sprinkle with the Parmesan before serving.
Tip: The combination of roasted broccoli, walnuts, and garlic also makes a delicious side dish for chicken, beef, or pork.